Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Catching Up

I promised a blog every day in the month of November, and I did not deliver, and I apologize for that. Truth is, I was working a lot of long days, and coming home from the office I made a conscious effort to stay off the computer and phone, and to spend time with my family without distractions. Among the long workdays, we also celebrated our daughter's 6th birthday, Thanksgiving Day, Civil War, and some quality time with not just our little family of four, but extended family and some good friends as well.
 
It has somehow morphed into December, and here we are with  just two weeks left until Christmas, and all my intentions to be done with gift shopping by the 10th and to share simple gift ideas with my blog-reading audience has failed as well. Alas, I do not put myself down for this...life happens, and I am doing my best to live each day to the fullest, focusing on the important things of that day, and to not worry about all the things I can't get done. There simply isn't enough time in each day to check everything off the To-Do List, but again, I don't let this get me down. It's simply the reality of the busy world we live in, and as long as I've done as much as I can with my day, and have spent quality time with my husband and children, then it's been a successful day.
 
I humbly hope you'll accept my apologies for not seeing my lofty goal of a daily blog in November all the way through. My blog is titled 'sufficient grace' because I believe that God's grace is sufficient, and he grants us quite a bit of it when we admit to our imperfections. I am a perfectly imperfect daughter of God, and I am thankful for his unending grace as I wade through this busy life, trying to do everything but managing to do enough. I did not post a blog every day last month, but I spent quality time with my children every day last month, and I think we all know which of those matters the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment