Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Procrastination Gets One...Behind

I seem to have perfected the art of procrastination when it comes to catching up the home finances. I blame this on two things...Facebook, and that my career is in Accounting. Facebook because when I turn on the laptop to open Quicken to work on the finances, I always feel the "need" to check online first...then I get sucked into the seemingly timeless world of the worldwide web. Before I realize it, an hour as passed, then another thirty minutes, then it's getting late and I'm too tired to focus on numbers, so I might as well just wait another day. What's going to change between 9pm tonight and tomorrow anyway? Problem is, tomorrow I will go to work, where I will do accounting work and look at numbers all day, and turning on the laptop at home will be the last thing I want to do in the evening. I've decided that recognition of my procrastination is the first step to getting over it. Sharing that I'm procrastinating at this very moment is my second step.

Recognizing and acknowleding our own shortcomings is a healthy, and unfortunately uncommon, practice. I believe strongly in it. I also believe in vocalizing my shortcomings, because to let those around me know that I am aware of things I need to improve upon creates more of a desire to better myself. In my working life, I have always said, "I'll take the blame for the mistake, I don't care who did it wrong, let's just fix it and make it right!" Can't say I've always done that in my personal life! Instead I blame things on my slugged-up digestive system and the woes it causes me, or on my lack of energy because of said digestive woes, not to mention being the mother of two young kiddos, or having a husband who works in the illustrious world of retail which involves rotating shifts, being gone from home for 10 hours a day (some days 4am-2pm, others 6am-4pm, still others 9:30am-7:30pm, but let us not forget the days that it's 5am-3pm or maybe 9am-7pm) and working on weekends. But...NO MORE! It is time for change and growth, for recognizing that I am stronger than my weak digestive system and that if I get off my duff and DO SOMETHING, it can only better me, my family, my life. So part of the reason for this blog is to hold myself accountable to the part I must play in my own change and growth.

Another reason for my new blog is that I want to share some of the ways I've found over the years to be a bargain shopper, to find deals and coupons, to receive free products to try and to share with others. You may notice posts on this blog that are posted via sites I am affiliated with, such as www.bzzagent.com or www.houseparty.com. If you have no interest in trying out new products or hearing my thoughts on them, feel free to ignore such posts! But know that often times, I receive both free items to try, and valuable coupons to share, so if something does intrigue you, be sure to let me know so I can share with you!

My final thought for the night...it is so backwards that our kids have as much energy as they do, while we adults are struggling to find a few ounces of energy to keep up with them!! It really should be the other way around. This said as my 2 1/2 year old all-toddler-boy is jumping around the living room, when he's been awake since 7am same as me, and my eyes are half-closed. I know I know, why is a 2 1/2 year old still awake at 9:30pm...that is a post for another time my friends, another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment