Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Who I Am & Why I'm Here

Welcome to the busy world of the Goodrich 4. This is my first attempt at a blog, so thank you for joining me in this journey! Things to know about me…I believe in God, I am in awe of God, I trust in God, my hope is in God, I cannot say enough about the grace of God. I am a daughter to two amazing parents, a wife to a hard-working and loving man, a mommy to two little blessings, a sister to two older brothers and two younger sisters, an aunt to many awesome kiddos, a granddaughter to the best Papa in the world (and watched over from heaven by my sweet Nana, strong & spirited Grandma, and my Grandpa whom I was lucky enough to meet as a baby), a sister-in-law to some amazing women, a niece to many, a cousin to even more, a daughter-in-law to the wonderful people who raised my husband before I took over, a friend to some of the best people I’ve crossed paths with in my lifetime, and so much more to so many more.
 
I. Am. Blessed. Thank you Lord! Your grace is sufficient, without you I would be lost.
 
I’ve started this blog because for years now I’ve been asked why I don’t have a blog. I am an avid tryer of new products (mostly ones I get free via some websites I belong to), a lifelong couponer (NOT an extreme couponer!), an Avon representative, an Accounting guru, a lover of books and of music, and many other things that I talk about with those in my circles. Sometimes, though, talking exhausts me, and I’ve always loved writing. So I figured it was time to stop annoying people around me with my voice and just put things in writing for you to peruse at your leisure. Or to ignore.
 
One other thing to know about me…I make up words, like ‘tryer’ and ‘couponer’, things that I believe are words but my spellchecker tells me are not. If this offends any champion spellers or grammatical professionals, accept my apologies now. Another thing to know, I often over-explain things. Apologies for that as well, I just like to know that I’ve provided all the information that is in my head. I recognize that sometimes less is more, but I also think that sometimes more is needed. Reading between the lines can cause major communication problems, as can making assumptions, or simply not saying something at all. Communication problems are at the root of so many issues between people. I am an opinionated and strong-willed girl, but I believe myself to be open-minded and I recognize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, ideas, beliefs, values, etc. Sometimes the best thing is to simply agree to disagree, and move on.
 
I am a wife and mommy full-time and I work away from home part-time. Sometimes I'm not good at juggling these two things, and I find myself working from home and being a mommy at work, forgetting altogether to be a wife (sorry hun!), and yet feeling like nothing has gotten accomplished either at home or at work! I know this is a normal struggle, and a common one these days as life continues to cost more and time seems to go faster. I recognize that I am not alone in my struggle to find balance between the two, as well as the need to fit in some 'me' time. I am willing to admit that there are days I miss my carefree single years in my apartment, just as I'm quite certain there are days that my husband misses his carefree single years where his mudding truck was his #1 love! But let me make this clear...I have no regrets, and I LOVE my current life! I'm not one to live in the past, to wonder about the 'what-ifs', to question the decisions I've made that have gotten me to this point in my life. After all, I wouldn't be exactly here had I not done all the things that led me here. I live in the now, because that is all I'm guaranteed. That, and that my time here is temporary, and there is a forever home waiting for me in heaven. Knowing that, truly believing that, makes it easier to get past the low points when they hit. And I'm not gonna lie, there are low points. No matter how blessed I am, no matter how awesome my family is and how happy they make me, there are times when I have myself a little pity party. I've learned that this is OKAY! It doesn't make me a horrible mother, a bad wife, an ungrateful child of God. It makes me normal, and it gives me the chance to dwell on my (many) imperfections and how I can overcome them, and the chance to praise the good Lord for all the blessings in my life.
 
I sell Avon, something I'm not very good at (but I'm great at buying it!!). I have serious digestive ailments that cause me to feel blechy all the time (which are compounded by my being lactose intolerant, and yet I knowingly put dairy in my mouth regularly, something I'm working really hard on stopping!!). I have recently started using Advocare products in an effort to gain energy, mental clarity, and *fingers & toes crossed* digestive regularity and comfort. I am on Day 12 of their 24 Day Challenge, and am happy to say that I'm making much healthier food choices, drinking lots more water, feeling more energetic, and *fingers & toes crossed* feeling some progress with my guts. I get very excited about products I love, and love to share my excitement with others. I hope to share this excitement with you thru this blog.
 
Well, with that typical over-explanation of myself and this new blog adventure, I say welcome to my blog! I think I have lots of great things to share with my "listeners", so I hope you'll stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. So glad your putting your words out there. I've been in awe of your ability to not live in the past or do the "what-if" game, something I'm slowly learning to not do. I'm super excited to see how God leads you and this blog.

    ReplyDelete