Friday, May 24, 2013

A Life Lesson Found In Candy Crush

Many of you already know, and quite possibly play, the 'Candy Crush Saga' App on your phone, ipad, ipod, Facebook, or what-have-you. For those who aren't as savvy on such things, it's a silly yet addictive game one can download and play while on Facebook, or their cell phone, or ipad or whatever device you play apps on. I have had the game on my cell phone for awhile, and played it now and again. Until recently, when I found myself stuck on level 23 for several days. Once I passed it, let me tell you...it was ON. I was determined to not let that happen again! Such a waste of time on a silly game. Such frustration and irritation at a technological device.
 
Fast forward to about a week ago and I started playing again. I had tried playing on Facebook as well, but found it difficult to take in the size of the game pieces after learning it on my cell phone (to me it was like reading a book in large print, I just couldn't handle how big everything was compared to what I was use to!!). I didn't connect my cell game to my Facebook account and game, but started noticing how on FB you can have friends help you when you're stuck. Novel concept, getting help! Well I was stuck on my cell phone on Level 35 for too long, only a few days but that equates to many a round of trying to clear the level.  I was also having once of those weeks where I was finding myself awake around 2-3am every morning, either awoken by a child climbing in my bed or by some random noise, and having a hard time falling back to sleep. As I've been sleeping so much better since doing AdvoCare products, this was highly annoying!! When all else failed, I turned on my cell phone and played a little Candy Crush. Well, Monday and Tuesday of this week were pretty whirlwind days in our new AdvoCare adventure; good things happening with the team we are part of, huge things actually, and very exciting to be a part of! Momentum is huge right now, lots of people are discovering the power of the products and jumping on the boat to be part of impacting lives and promoting health and family.
 
Trust me, this will all tie together, I promise...
 
So I'm lying in bed, wide awake, my thoughts all over the place, trying to figure out how/when we can get Doug home full-time so he can work the AdvoCare business while I work my job and we can manage kindergarten and keeping up with the house and the kids and still manage to pay the bills and...you get the idea, thoughts were not turning off, Joel had fallen back to sleep but the sleep was eluding me, and now I realized Doug was awake too, probably with the same thoughts as mine running through his head! He sees the bright light of my cell phone and asks why, I told him "I am GOING to beat this Candy Crush level! I just HAVE to!!" and on the third try, I did it! I beat Level 35 and it felt like a victory, very similar to the victory I had felt earlier that day when I signed up my first Advisor under us in AdvoCare. Success! Well guess what...the only way to go any further in Candy Crush after that level was to have other people help me, I was stuck again unless I connected to my Facebook account and asked 3 people to help me board the boat and move on. Hmmm. I laughed, told Doug, "well if that isn't a metaphor for where my life is at right now!! I finally beat that level but I can't get any further on my own!", turned off my phone and went to sleep.
 
And there you have it people, my 3am revelation of why the Candy Crush Saga game app is a metaphor for life...because you CANNOT get further in the game without the help of others, much as you CANNOT get further in your life without the help of others. You can try, and you will succeed to a point, but eventually you will find yourself stuck, with the only way to keep moving forward being to ask for help.
 
Once again, I am so thankful that I asked for help! I am so thankful for my friend who continued to offer me help, knowing that the time would come when I got to the point where I simply could not go on as I was without asking for help, and there she was when I asked. And she answered. And she offered me help, and hope, and a place on her boat to get me across to the next point of my life. She offered me a way to get from Level 35 to Level 36, and from there she has helped me power through to levels beyond where I thought I would get in 90 days!! God is doing some amazing things right now and I am so glad I reached out, asked for, and accepted the help.
 
If you are stuck right now, unable to get to the next level on your own, feeling lost or hopeless, feeling tired and unhealthy, please, take it from my experience...ask for and accept some help.  For me, help came in the form of AdvoCare, the power of their products providing me with energy, mental focus, and improved health. But above and beyond those products, help came to me in the form of hope, friendship and support.  It came to me in the form of an answer Doug and I had been seeking for well over a year; how to get Doug home from the retail world before our daughter starts kindergarten. It came to me in the form of a sense of peace, a sense from God that He has it under control and I just need to trust Him.
 
I am humbled that others are now following Doug and I on our AdvoCare journey; that we have brought hope and health to people who were seeking something, much as we were, or that didn't even know they were lacking something until we Sparked them and presented them with this amazing energy! For us, AdvoCare is about our #1 priority - family. It is an avenue that has enabled us to have more energy and patience for our children, and we are excited to have others joining us on the path. It's a huge responsibility, but one we accept gratefully because we know that AdvoCare works...it works to bring you good health and energy, it works to help you achieve your financial goals, it works to open you up to meeting new people who are looking for the same things as you, and who are focused on family as a priority. It just works, and if you are interested in the hows and whys, please take some time to visit www.motiveeight.me/dougandellen to learn more. If you aren't interested, that's cool too, I promise we aren't going to force the products on you. But we are going to talk about them, because they have become an integral part of our life, and because, quite honestly, we feel freaking amazing and healthy and we want you to feel that awesome too!!
 
And now, it's time for getting the kids to bed and then maybe playing a bit of Candy Crush!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment