Friday, August 9, 2013

TGIF

And so another workweek comes to a close. We have made it through another week, though I hesitate to say we have gotten into a new routine yet. Hard to do during the summer, there is always something happening that prevents us from establishing the good nighttime routine we need, or the regular grocery shopping evening, or a laundry day or two. Ah well, we'll be turning that calendar to September before we realize it, and school will start, and we will meld into a routine with all those things and more. For now, we're going to continue to enjoy the warm summer days, the evenings of backyard play and staying up too late, and the consistently inconsistent non-routines we've become so used to!
 
This Friday evening finds me home with just my Joelers, as Doug is in Texas taking part in AdvoCare Success School, a huge event taking place at none other than Dallas Cowboy Stadium. He has joined 25,000+ other AdvoCare Distributors from all over to learn about new products, hear from the SciMed Board, meet Endorsers, and so so so much more! It's an exciting time to be sure, and while I'm disappointed not to be there with him, I am enjoying my time with Joel and looking forward to our weekend of mother-son bonding! Gracie was picked up by her beloved Gammie yesterday afternoon, and was very excited to have 4 nights "away from my brother Joel, I needed some alone time"!! Today and tomorrow they are at the annual church campout, another event I am disappointed to miss out on, but am thrilled that she is able to be there!
 
After spending a few hours at work together today, Joel and I had a late lunch at Wendy's, came home for some downtime that he spent watching "muddy water mud trucks" (real name: 4 Wheel Parts Top Truck Challenge) for the 27th time this week and I spent reading on my Nook, did a little evening shopping at Kohl's, stopped at DQ for an Oreo blizzard for the li'l buggar, and have spent the last little while playing with Monster Trucks and watching Monster Jam. Joel is nicely playing on his own now after telling me, "mommy all done playing with Joel", so here I sit!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment