Friday, August 2, 2013

Hello July, what happened to you? It's August!

Somehow an entire month passed since my last blog posting! It was a very busy, crazy, but fun several weeks, and while I thought often of my computer and my blog, I did not have or make the time to sit and write. To bring you up to date very quickly, one month ago (give or take) my husband became a stay-at-home dad and I went back to work full-time. This has been an adjustment, to say the least, but a welcome change in our home! I'm trying to work 32-40 hours a week in 4 days, keeping Fridays open for family time. Some weeks this works, others not so much; but there are no complaints from me, because I know the companies I work for are blessed to be busy during these uncertain economic times. Doug and I continue to build our AdvoCare business as well, so have been to a lot of meetings, Mixers, group events, etc as we learn everything available to us about this amazing company, and share the products and opportunity with those around us. This past month also took us on a camping weekend to Lincoln City, an evening at the Washington County Fair, gave Doug ample time to tackle household projects, and allowed us many pleasant evenings to sit outside and enjoy time together as a family. We even got to watch the Hillsboro Air Show from the rooftop of our house!
 
It has been a month full of the very moments we were hoping for by bringing Doug home from the retail world...family moments. Moments enjoying the silliness of our kiddos, watching them play in the backyard, staying up watching House Hunters and reading books, working hard to get Joel potty trained, talking a lot with Gracie about starting Kindergarten. We celebrated Joel's 3rd birthday, Gracie was excited to lose her first two teeth and have visits from the Tooth Fairy, Doug has started some weekday routines with the kids, (AdvoCare workouts, Tuesdays at Bi-Mart for lucky number day, trips to Haggen to visit his past co-workers who are now AdvoCare clients). It has been a fabulous month. We are so excited to see August has in store for our family!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment