Friday, August 2, 2013

Connecting

Many a time a blog idea pops into my head, or I compose a posting in my mind, but I don't get myself to the computer to put the words down. I occasionally put a nugget of positivity on my Facebook status to keep those who are asking me for a post with something to think about! I recently had a friend tell me, "please write on your blog again, I need some inspiration!". That humbled me, and frightened me a bit! People are turning to ME for inspiration?! For something to give them motivation to face this negative world? I have been a beacon of hope for somebody? Yipes, the responsibility!!

I continue to be amazed at God's grace, at the opportunities He continually places in front of me, even though I often don't do the best I can with them. The opportunity to connect with people via this blog is one of those; I am humbled that my words, my expression of thought, my voice of hope, can touch the lives of others. Often times the words that come into my head begging to be written don't make sense to me, or I tell myself they won't matter to anybody else, or that nobody really cares what I'm thinking about or dealing with. So they don't make it to print.

But that comment from my friend got me thinking and I came to realize, God has placed those words there, He wants me to share them, and if even one person can be positively affected by them, then I have succeeded in serving His purpose. It is a disservice to anybody following my blog to NOT write down what crosses my mind that begs to be shared with others.

So I present to you this summary of the past 4 weeks worth of blogs postings that never made it to print.

- Be a light of positivity in this darkened world.

- You have what you need to make your dreams happen, it's already inside of you, but fear of the unknown & of failure is holding you back. Reject that fear, Embrace your dream, and stop at nothing to make it a reality!

- Impact those around you simply by being YOU! IMPACT=I'M in Possession of my own Ability to enact Change Today. Be confident in yourself and trust in your instincts.

- What you surround yourself with will become your reality; Who you surround yourself with is who you will become. Choose Wisely!! This world is full of negativity, of drama and discontentment, of passing the blame and not accepting responsibility or accountibility. Do not be party to that, and do not spent time around those who are party to that; it is contagious!

- The moment you are living RIGHT NOW is one that you will never get back, there is no guarantee for a better tomorrow, so why not instead focus on living a better today? Be present in the moment, do not let a clip on TV, a sports game, a text, an email, or anything else driven by the technological advances that have weakened our society take precedence over a real conversation with a loved one, a "watch me mommy!" moment from your child, a hug from your spouse, or any of those important moments of connection with PEOPLE; real people, in the flesh, not on the cell phone or in the TV. Technology has its place, but it is not the priority. If you are reading this blog posting right now instead of playing a game with your child or listening to what your spouse is trying to say to you, then STOP READING! Right now! Focus on people, our society has us starving for real connection; many youth don't even know what it means to 'connect' with someone, they think 'connecting' is how you get onto the internet! Ack!

I think that's a good stopping place for now! For the record, I came home from the office after a morning of connecting with other business people at a Chamber meeting we hosted, to an empty house. I am thrilled at the opportunity that gave me to sit down and blog! But now I'm going to eat some lunch and be ready for when my kids get home, because this momma wants to play CandyLand with her Gracie-girl and Monster Trucks with her Joelers!

One more thought...during the hour and a half that businessmen and women were mingling in our office, I did not see one person reading a text or really even talking on their cell phone. They were too busy chatting face-to-face with other businessmen and women. It was refreshing!! THAT is what you call connecting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment