Monday, November 4, 2013

4 Things on the 4th

Today, I wish to share with you 4 things that I am thankful for at this moment in time.
 
1.  That I was able to hug my kids today, and that I am able to put them to bed tonight and tell them "I love you". There are parents who, for reasons beyond their immediate control, were not able to hug their child today or tuck them in tonight, were not able to say those important words of reassurance to their child. I am thankful, and appreciative, of each day that I am able to spend some precious moments with my children.
 
2.  That my husband is able to be home with our children, that he is getting to experience the day-to-day fun and work of being home with young children, that they are able to have this time with their daddy, to spend quality time with him and learn from him, and teach him.
 
3.  That I was raised with faith, nurtured by loving parents who instilled in me the value of living a life firmly rooted in the rock of God's love; parents who taught me through their daily actions the importance of family and faith, and who showed me unconditional love.
 
4.  That as the days turn cold, dark, and wet, I have a warm bed to sleep in, food to fill my belly, a job to support my family, people waiting for me to come home from work. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment