Monday, November 11, 2013

Live With Grace

My Day 10 post brought to you on Day 11 is another short one. Are you perfect? In every way, in everything you do? Never making a mistake? No. Nobody is, and we aren't supposed to be! Yet we seem to expect others to be just that, perfect, never making mistakes, always doing what we think they should. And we get aggravated when they do something "wrong" (wrong by our definition anyway!) or not the way we would have done it. I am so guilty of this, of getting easily irritated at the inadequacies (again, only by my own definition!) of those around me. However, if I believe in the grace that God allows me to be imperfect, to make mistakes, to make wrong decisions, then why do I not extend that same grace to those around me, who also are imperfect, make mistakes, and make wrong decisions? Who am I to think I'm better than them, my way is better than theirs, my outcome is right and theirs wrong?
 
Who I am is a child of God, created perfectly imperfect in His image, born with free will to make my own choices, right or wrong, and taught that forgiveness is always within reach, grace is always there if I ask for it, and I need to be treating everyone else the same way I wish to be treated; with forgiveness and grace. Not easy to do, but possible. For everything is possible with God. Everything. Every. Thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment