Sunday, November 3, 2013

Third Day

..."And on the third day, He rose again"...
 
The number 3 brings a sense of hope with it, for it was on the third day after being crucified that Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He watches over us with constant love and forgiveness.
 
So on this third day of November, I want to thank Jesus for the sacrifice that was made on that cross; the very giving of himself so we could live a life of free will. He died so that we would be able to make choices on how we live our life, and not only that but He died seeking forgiveness for the times our choices are sinful. "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do."
 
And all these years later, we continue to have free will, to make our choices, to sometimes choose sinful ways, and God continues to forgive us. Wow. Do we even understand the unconditional love that God carries for each of us? A love that is willing to forgive, over and over again? "He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 
 
There are days that I feel completely undeserving of this grace, and I believe those are the days that I most need the strength that comes from knowing God. If you are feeling undeserving, I encourage you to spend a few minutes with God, talk with Him, really listen to Him, and find peace in knowing that His grace IS sufficient. That his strength can be your strength, if you allow Him into your heart and mind.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment